, on our facebook page, and as possible If emailing CONTEST RULES AND INFORMATION
1st Place Prize (1 winner)
- Your photo featured on the cover of the PWPA 2022 Calendar
- Option to write small story about their experience in our watershed which will be featured on our website as the header image for one month. (100 words)
- Social media header image for one month
2nd Place Prize (12 winners)
- Your photo featured on the Month Pages and the back cover of PWPA 2022 Calendar, and features on our social media platforms.
- 3 total spots reserved for Elementary School age children
- 3 total spots reserved for Middle School age children
- 3 total spots reserved for High School age youth
- 3 total spots reserved for Adults 19+
3rd Place Prizes (24 winners)
- Your submitted watershed photo will be placed throughout the PWPA 2022 Calendar on important dates for 2022 (Earth Day, World Water Day, etc.)
- Featured on our social media platforms.
To be eligible for the Contest, entrants’ photos must be taken within the boundaries of the Peachland and Trepanier watersheds and the District of Peachland (see the maps). All images must conform to the Contest Theme of Exploring our Watershed: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Photos can be taken on any camera including smart phones, black and white or colour. They must be JPG/JPEG files.
- If emailing photos from your phone, please send us as large a photo as possible for the best quality.
- Photos must be original, and made by the individual entering the contest.
- The photo must be taken within the Peachland and Trepanier watersheds and the District of Peachland (see map).
- Please – No SnapChat filters, special effect filters, art filters such as the Prisma app and apps like it.
- Photos can not include people if they can be recognized.
- Daredevil “extreme adventure” photos are not acceptable – be safe, and respect the wilderness. Do not take risks or put yourself or others in danger for a photo. Photos depicting risky or unsafe behaviour will be disqualified. Stay out of sight of wildlife, do not harass or “bait” wildlife to get a photo.
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, through our facebook page, or through the official contest web page entry form at https://peachlandwpa.org/calendar-photo-contest/.
- CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest shall run from April 26, 2021 12:00 NOON. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) to June 13, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. PDT (the “Contest Period”) after which time the entry page will close and no further entries will be considered.
A community jury, comprised of five (5) judges will select the winners will select winning images to be included in the 2022 Peachland Watershed Protection Alliance’s fundraising calendar.
Winners will be contacted at the email address provide in the entry form.